Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Stranded patron....

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 27, 2002 06:48AM
Well everyone I finally took the plunge and just went by myself, had a great time and met a really nice couple who hiked out with me and even lent me some food. They where fantastic.

Anyways, I'd like to talk about how great the experience was but there's something on my mind that is still worrying me and I just wanted to pass on the word.

When I got to Bowen Ranch there was a sign saying "Please leave your money here" "All Cars Who Do not Pay Will Be Towed" Well when I got to the parking area I saw a red station wagon. And a silver truck. When I got down there, there where three people at the Hot springs. The couple was one, they owned the silver truck. And the other I assumed belonged to a really badly sun burnt patron, who was dehydrated and hungry. I gave him a bottle of water, and the couple also gave him some water. He said he had been there for three days. As more people came more people helped him out and gave him water and food.

We where debating on whether or not he was seriously stranded or just stoned. He seemed really out of it. But was it drugs or was it the heat or what? Jim (the owner of the silver truck) said it looked like he was stoned.

I wasn't sure what to do but he was sleeping on one of the rocks and people where going every now and again to check up on him. I was debating on calling 911 but i could not get reception on my cell phone. Eventually, he got up and left. We assumed he hiked back. But when I got back to Bowen Ranch, his car was still there.

He was a white male, who looked to be about in his 20's. He was wearing plaid boxer shorts. And his face had been heavily blackened by the sunburn. If anyone sees him if they go this weekend or today, then know that he's been here since at least Wednesday. (though he said he said that wednesday was his third day)

I do not know who to contact, if he's ok, or if he's wandring around in a daze somewhere in the mountains over there. Should I have called 911? I don't know what I would have said if i had. Who should be contacted if someone is lost or in need of help in those mountains?

Thanks to the kindess of people visiting the springs. He was constantly being given water. But i don't know how many people contributed food to him. Has anybody else seen him?

Well be on the look out. Hopefuly he's back at home safe.

Justin
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Stranded patron....

Justin West 1093June 27, 2002 06:48AM

Re: Stranded patron....

Wizard 552June 27, 2002 08:29AM

sycamore laughing 601June 27, 2002 08:56PM

Wizard 969June 27, 2002 09:20PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login