All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 22, 2019 11:26AM
It was very quiet as I drove to the Freedom trail head at @ 7:00 am. No wind, no other cars no one on ATV's / motorcycles, no birds singing. Just QUIET every where. Quiet as I hiked to the springs. The lizards and bugs were out maybe because there was no wind. No birds made it seem like a change in time. Then I remembered it was The equinox day change in time and seasons is NOW ! The longest day of the year.
I saw no one when I got to the springs and no trash either. So for about half an hour I took advantage of the Quiet and meditated very nicely. Then I noticed a beautiful woman yawning on the beach where the tree swing is. Also, the tree swing is broken. Needs a new rope & handle. It seemed natural to wish the pretty lady a good morning as she completed her yawn. I enjoyed most of the day hearing her story. She made my day by her spirit and grace. She had camped at the springs and made the whole day seem magical.After talking to her for about 30 minuets I went up to the Arizona pool. Then I realized there were about 8 through hikers camped up stream, quietly.

The Arizona pool was full and over flowing. Very clean and aquamarine in color. Nice soaking there. As I did a group of day hikers arrived at the beach area. The Anniversary pool seemed to have been cleaned also no sand trash or algae. It was in the sun and warmer than usual. Only tough people were soaking here. The Womb pool is almost seven feet deep now. I wore my googles and looked closely at the bottom. Most of it appears to be sand but it has tree leaves and sticks mixed under the sand. Also the cave like part has been cleaned making this pool sparkle. The Serenity pool was nice as usual. The Crab cooker pool was nice and clean as usual. The Contemplation pool was nice and clean and nice for soaking.
As more and more day hikers came down the hill the quietness drifted away. Several regulars came down and enjoyed the shade from the trees. We all enjoyed the day as best we could. Another EPIC day at my favorite spring.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

June 21 Trip Report

jobe1465June 22, 2019 11:26AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login