All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 25, 2019 09:37AM
GREAT ! to hear another trip report preciousatiff.
however , you probably were not aware of the dozen or so Through hikers setting in the shade or pools. This Increased to around 25 by enening.
Also, my thermometer said it was 84 degrees at 3:30. Yes, summer was at deep creek. Two people reported to me that they saw snakes. One said it was a western diamond back. She said he was very big over 3 feet and in the coiled up striking position. She saw him in the middle of the Freedom trailhead parking lot. So I asked her ? do you think that was a sign ?
She did not know how to answer. She said.
The Phoenix pool had a work party of free will volunteers working to evaluate the condition of the pool. After careful consideration this was the result :
This pool after the flood of resent had cold water flowing from its bottom. The volunteers found that some one or some how, dug the rocks out of the bottom. The pool is over 4 foot deep now. No cold water was observed and the sun in the pool made the temp go to 110 degrees. This is unusual because the water from the spring is 108. The pool was too hot for the more delicate soakers. The 3 inch plug that used to plug the hot water in has vanished. This flood was the largest since the upper wall was reinforced.
Happy soaking all !

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 4/24

peciousaitiff1492April 24, 2019 06:38PM

Re: Trip report 4/24

jobe1086April 25, 2019 09:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login