All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 05, 2019 10:32AM
Went yesterday and the creek must have risen substantially from the rains on Saturday. I think Mike was turning away people at Bowen, the creek crossing was very dangerous. The creek levels increased because of the rains yesterday but not to what must have been a height of a foot above the womb wall on the weekend.

Serenity and Phoenix pool were under water and a lot of sand and plant debris is in the womb, more than I think was in it from the last flash flood. The beach erosion around the Phoenix pool source is even more severe. A lot of sand pulled from the beach is ending up near serenity pool creating a sand bar where the summer pools in the creek are usually made.

I broke up a fire pit on the beach and picked up some small bits of rubbish. Unfortunately people keep ripping off live tree limbs to make campfires confused smiley I’ve noticed several places along the creek where large blankets, bags and mattresses have washed up from the flooding. I’d like to organize a group to go down and do a wide sweep of the area once everything is dry. It might snow at the springs today!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Creek flooded again

paulespo1327February 05, 2019 10:32AM

Re: Creek flooded again

neogeo590February 06, 2019 07:26AM

Re: Creek flooded again

Wizard900February 06, 2019 03:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login