Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trip Report 12/15/2018

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 16, 2018 07:42PM
Hi Paul ... damn. I really did have the most peaceful calm day there. I did also really clean the place thoroughly. By the time I left, by around 3pm, most had hiked out. There was only one guy looking for "healing" in the serenity pool, and a couple that was really nice and respectful, and maybe one other person. I took everything I could find - the Anniversary pool was clean of everything except the four rose stems I left to biodegrade I guess. The pools were full of rose petals when I arrived in the morning - not the worst thing, and I did clean most of them out, but left the stems. (I took a towel or two from the Anniversary area, and that was where I found the ... tampons.). There was one big blanket I did not take on the beach near the Woodsy the Owl sign. Otherwise I combed the area and cleaned everything. The cooler by the rope swing I did not take as it was not accessible (the high waters) and too much for me to carry. As i was hiking out, with the new Bowen rules, I didn't expect to cross anyone hiking in, but I did come across a group of pretty unfortunate 20-somethings. Like 5 or 6 people. They were on the trail after the first big hill up from the springs, hiking down. They were flying a drone up there. They started screaming into the canyon - I said - Why? I'm here for the quiet and silence. Then I said to them - "I'm going to be a jerk, and just let you know that no one wants drones down here at the springs. You need to put that away." They insisted they would not be flying the drone at the hot springs. Ok, I said, dubious. Then one of the women in the group squealed. She had opened a pack and noticed her new iPhone 10 had been soaked with beer that had opened, from the guy flying the drone. Her iPhone was ruined. Destroyed. This iGen disaster was mourned and there was the weeping and the wailing. Meanwhile I was hydrating and trying to make a text using the cell service that comes in there. Then Drone Guy realized he had not been supervising his drone all the while they mourned the Dead iPhone 10 and suddenly he knew it was gone. It had flown down into the canyon and they COULD NOT FIND IT. The Lost Drone. It was a full iGen disaster, of all dimensions. Unless others somehow came in during the night, I expect this group trashed the place a little for your arrival.

I have to say I appreciate your efforts at the springs and the cleaning again. We all need to keep caring for the place.

Wizard - on the Ranch. Yes, it is jacked up to $10. Yes the fence is up all around. The stated plan to build another entrance away from the house so he will not be involved in all this stupidity and drama. I can't blame him The fence, if you look at it, fences off the house from the parking area as well as the house from the road. But it is probably the first stage in more changes to come. He seems serious about not being involved in all this anymore, and perhaps the State taking over the entrance to the springs from this vantage point or trail.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 12/15/2018

paulespo1813December 15, 2018 06:12PM

LBNguyen906December 15, 2018 07:05PM

Wizard777December 15, 2018 07:51PM

neogeo707December 16, 2018 07:42PM

paulespo674December 16, 2018 10:52PM

Wizard799December 17, 2018 12:18PM

paulespo603December 19, 2018 07:44PM

Wizard889December 19, 2018 11:25PM

Paul P.699December 17, 2018 09:50AM

paulespo634December 19, 2018 08:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login