Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 5/25

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 27, 2018 11:02PM
Got into Bowen at about 11. Plenty of cars already, but I only passed one group (clothed) on the trail down. Once down at the springs, the first thing I saw was 4 tied-up horses. Cool way to get around on the trails, I imagine, but I hope the horses weren’t too thirsty.
When I arrived there were just over a dozen or so people at the springs - only 2 topless/nude, the rest clothed. I didn’t waste much time in getting naked in the only unoccupied pool. They all looked great by the way - congrats to the cleaners and cleaning advice-givers who made them look great.
Around 12:30 or so a MASSIVE group of people showed up. Probably 30 people, mostly women. They’d come from a yoga retreat in Joshua Tree, as my new Irish friend D. told me. It may not surprise you that a group of 30 people seeking spiritual connection to nature has its share of nudists. Still, I had a good time talking to naked and textiles alike. Also met a French biker doing the PCT alone.
On the hike back I only encountered 3 groups, which was low considering it’s a holiday weekend.
Overall, one of my favorite trips to the springs. If it’s crowded, I’m okay with it as long as people have the right attitude. There was a big understanding among all parties that nature was to be respected and clothing really was optional. And the springs were just as beautiful as the new friends I made.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 5/25

peciousaitiff1755May 27, 2018 11:02PM

Re: Trip Report 5/25

neogeo778May 28, 2018 10:30AM

anleu1726May 30, 2018 04:55PM

peciousaitiff681May 30, 2018 05:09PM

Trailgal1097May 30, 2018 06:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login