Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Pool Scrubbing?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 16, 2018 03:11PM
So you are a " rock hunter " smiling smiley Go explore the shores of Lake Mohave where you will find the most amazing diversity of stone types I have ever seen in one place, being rounded by the action of water flow. Old theories thought the Grand Canyon ( that and Black Canyon where I think these rocks came from ) was carved over the eons by the erosion of the Colorado, but more recent evidence suggest that its creation may have happened much more quickly in less than a couple of years by the sudden dramatic draining of huge ancient lakes that existed in higher lands upstream from the Grand Canyon area. The idea is that some dramatic geologic/earthquake type event may have opened a chasm which suddenly released all of that water. I tend to think they are right, since the variety of rock types I have found up there, rounded by river action to me could have only been produced and carried to their spots by some type of huge flow in that valley. Lake Mohave is quite long so the best spots to look are where the river channel is not too far across such that the water action would have been strong enough to deposit them in abundance. In one favorite spot I like the stones are dispersed in fine white sand that has through time polished the surfaces like a rock tumbler would smiling smiley Look in satellite images at the northeastern edge of the gulf of California, an expansive area of sand which to me could be evidence of material washed there, settled out from this great flood, being at at a spot where the Colorado finally opens up out of the last canyons to flatter desert just before the Gulf of California. The newer insights say the flow of the river at that time could have been 4000 times the normal flow as we see it today. My bed room is full of rocks that I have found at those shores. Thanks for your efforts on cleaning the pools!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2018 10:13PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Pool Scrubbing?

paulespo1736May 03, 2018 08:48PM

Wizard1150May 04, 2018 12:09PM

neogeo799May 06, 2018 01:01AM

Wizard757May 06, 2018 12:29PM

paulespo682May 10, 2018 03:08PM

Wizard717May 10, 2018 09:54PM

paulespo647May 16, 2018 01:00PM

Wizard651May 16, 2018 03:11PM

paulespo1019May 19, 2018 02:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login