Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Itching and red bumps

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 04, 2018 05:14PM
Yes, it is something that other people ( including myself ) have been affected by after longer soaks at DCHS, more prevalent in certain hot pools. It is caused by a natural organism that lives in the water, https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001460.htm , and is mostly experienced in the cooler months/winter when people soak for longer times. And from my experience it seems to be worse after rainfall when runoff bring organic material into the pool, which seems to me may make the organism proliferate, or more active because they might feed on the material, my theory anyway winking smiley I have had it a few times where I could not sleep for some hours later at night because of the itching. Thankfully it is usually not a prolonged problem and goes away within 1-2 days for most folks. People have offered up various " ideas " on how to prevent having it occur, but I don't think any of those " remedies " really work. Some people are more affected by the organism than others, just like some folks react differently to Poison Oak. One thing nice about the warmer months at the springs, people mostly do not spend near as much time in the hot pools, and not at all in the summer when the creek is the place to be smiling smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Itching and red bumps

Worldsforgottenboy1754March 04, 2018 02:23PM

Wizard904March 04, 2018 05:14PM

Worldsforgottenboy705March 04, 2018 07:29PM

Wizard1136March 04, 2018 08:48PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login