All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 19, 2017 11:50AM
" He tried to intimidate me ". That can be unsettling for sure. I hike in the Deep Creek Canyon to many places ( like this magic realm, https://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/10282494885/in/photostream/lightbox/ ) from the Mohave Forks Dam on up to around where Coxey Creek connects with Deep Creek. I like the warmer creek waters in the lower parts of Deep Creek smiling smiley While generally the " accepted practice " of the USFS for nudity in the forest is mostly known by those visiting the hot springs, that can definitely not be the case when hiking in other places outside of there. Because of this reality people should be cautious in their nude recreation because you while doing it might encounter some types of people like this person you described Juliankaye that think of your nudity as something that is wrong, unacceptable, and some of these people could threaten you with violence. Imagine if you encountered such a person while alone. I always size up the situation of who is at the springs when I am there, and if I feel there could be problems I will head out to other parts of the creek. Of course mostly this is not an issue at DCHS, but it does happen at times. It helps in this regard to be there with some friends, but I know there are those of us that do enjoy our solo hikes too smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2017 12:42PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Has anyone parked at Bowen Ranch the past few weeks?

PCThiker2511898November 17, 2017 05:46PM

Re: Has anyone parked at Bowen Ranch the past few weeks?

Wizard1048November 17, 2017 09:28PM

Trailgal893November 19, 2017 07:02AM

juliankaye760November 19, 2017 08:07AM

Wizard768November 19, 2017 11:50AM

PCThiker251668November 19, 2017 01:03PM

Paul P.1348November 20, 2017 08:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login