All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 20, 2017 01:28PM
Hello BT.

Here is what I know. In June 2011 the BLM Cal Desert District released a set of final supplementary rules on land use in their area. Nudity is prohibited in all OHV areas, visitors centers and campgrounds with capital improvements like picnic tables and vault toilets. In more remote area such as BLM wilderness where the chance of encountering others is remote, clothing optional recreation is okay.

The Mecca Hills near Indio is one such location. Last year I was out there hiking nude and actually ran into a group of about 15-20 men who were also hiking nude. They told me they hike every Tue. and Thur..
I was just out there this past Sat. and though the place was a little crowded with campers in a few undeveloped camping areas I was still able to find a deserted parking area where I was able to hike nude once out of view of the highway. There is a book called California Wilderness areas a complete guide that lists all wilderness areas in Calif. including BLM wilderness areas in the Cal Desert Dist. There are millions of acres I think available for nude recreation.

I live near San Diego and have visited De Anza Springs many times. PM me if interested in trails there or the BLM book and I'll give you more details. The things I like about De Anza Springs is that you park in a secured clothing optional resort and can leave your clothes in your car while you hike out into the Carrizo Gorge or over the hills into the expansive desert for about as far as you want. It is sort of the opposite of Deep Creek in that there is a jacuzzi hot tub and also a heated indoor salt water pool waiting for you at the end of your hike. The staff is great and always friendly. There is a half off first time visitor deal. The full day pass is 25.00 for use of the facilities and if you just want to park and hike nude the fee is 4 or 5 dollars. There is also a small motel and trailers to rent for overnight.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Other Local Nude Hikes

BT2847November 17, 2017 10:55AM

Re: Other Local Nude Hikes

Paul P.1544November 17, 2017 09:05PM

Wizard1391November 18, 2017 01:32PM

jaybirdsen2608November 20, 2017 01:28PM

anleu11475December 13, 2017 09:41PM

Dalejohnson131056February 06, 2018 06:06AM

hikernude1010February 06, 2018 06:57AM

wwbeard1463February 06, 2018 04:05PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login