All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 27, 2017 08:52PM
You should be OK assuming you are going to park at the Bowen Ranch ($5 a day per person or $10 if you stay overnight or leave after sundown). The road is quite washboardy but doable. Just take it easy. There are few washouts but nothing your car cannot handle in my opinion. Remember, nobody broke down by driving too slow.

It would not hurt to have a spare tire and a tire patch kit. AAA does not go on dirt roads.

Wear good hiking shoes - the trail is somewhat slippery - lots of loose granite.

Bring plenty of water. There is a source at the springs coming from a pipe by the Crabcooker pool but it's hot. Hike in in the morning and hike out when temp starts to cool down. Bring a flashlight.

Come early to the parking lot and hang out until somebody is willing to take you there. The ranch owner has hand drawn maps but I think you should walk with somebody the 1st time in and out

Bring a couple of trash bags and make sure you take your trash and some of the trash inbreds leave behind.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2017 12:46AM by Sam D..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Can my car handle the road?

tiatiatia1470May 27, 2017 08:29PM

Re: Can my car handle the road?

Sam D.879May 27, 2017 08:52PM

Re: Can my car handle the road?

juliankaye1257May 28, 2017 06:23AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login