Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Post clean up help

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 25, 2017 10:08PM
I visited the hot springs yesterday and had a blast. The trail did not look too bad. The inbreds still toss trash off the trail but the impact was pretty minimal in comparison to last year.
Overall the springs did not look overly trashed. I collected about 15 mid sized bags and a nice gent from MN collected a couple and took few out mid day to during his resupplies run. Few people pitched in and carried some bags. So when I left there were 5 bags on each side.
Please help the springs by carrying the trash out. If you go there can you place a sign over the bags asking folks not to dump more crap into them and to carry the trash out.
Overall the temps of both cold and hot water were great.
PCT hikers are coming in droves now. The overall number of approved permits will be over 6K this year.
If half of them camps in the vicinity I am sure of environmental impact implications. I am going to write to the PCT people again. I encourage you to do the same.
People camp at the springs in droves. BLM really needs to step up the enforcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2017 10:13PM by Sam D..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Post clean up help

Sam D.1279May 25, 2017 10:08PM

Re: Post clean up help

Paul P.1077May 26, 2017 09:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login