Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Closest comet in decades to share sky with lunar eclipse this weekend

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 10, 2017 01:47PM
Too bad for us in Southern California it will be too cloudy to see the eclipse or comet. Even without the clouds Comet 45P would be a challenging object to see. Being Magnitude 7 and not having a tail you would need large binos or a telescope.
The hot springs were awesome yesterday. Mostly sunny skies with occasional breeze through the canyon. A road runner crossed my path on the way in. "Beep beep"😁 Ben, my four legged friend and l made the hike from the ranch in about 35 min. Wizard and I crossed the ice cold chest high water with our pooches without incident. It was great to see you Van. Glad you could change your plans. All the pools were crystal clear. I spent most of the day soaking in the anniversary pool. There was about 20 or so soakers. A very kewl crowd. I felt a little guilty watching Wizard and Hippy Dave raking and moving sand from the beach to the path at the anniversary pool. I was pretty relaxed 😎 Thanks again. Your efforts don't go unnoticed or unappreciated. I promise I'll help dig out the Arizona pool when the creek drops.👍 A group of us packed up about 4:20 or so and staged up for the creek crossing. The level had risen a little through the day. I tried to follow Wizard since he knows the sandbar pretty well. I was doing fine till I stepped into a hole and I was over my head. Made it across then had to hump a backpack with a wet blanket back up the hill 😓. There was a wind to my back and awesome cloud formations over the mountains to keep my mind off the pain. I got back to the ranch as an almost full moon was rising hiding behind the clouds then peeking out now and then. 🌖
It's always so hard to leave this place.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Closest comet in decades to share sky with lunar eclipse this weekend

katrina island1480February 08, 2017 01:02PM

Painterbuddy593February 08, 2017 05:14PM

Wizard695February 08, 2017 07:32PM

Painterbuddy567February 08, 2017 08:01PM

Wizard669February 08, 2017 08:53PM

jobe629February 09, 2017 07:11PM

Painterbuddy704February 10, 2017 02:35AM

Wizard695February 10, 2017 10:47AM

Alan587February 10, 2017 01:47PM

Wizard1114February 10, 2017 08:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login