All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 24, 2002 12:29PM
I recently returned from a 2 week Washington D.C. Trip. As part of my continuing lobbying efforts, I met separately with both California Senators, Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer. Although my primary purpose was to support the Senators' actions to protect additional acreage in and around the Mojave National Preserve, I did briefly mention Deep Creek Hot Springs. They also believe there is a need to preserve it and other natural lands for future generations.

I have been catching up on the DCHS Forum items! Wow, looks like Mike C. is becoming an even bigger topic of conversation! It saddens me to hear about incidents like the gunshot through the windshield and gunshots being fired near Deep Creek. The pressures of overpopulation will continue to impact DCHS. I believe some sort of additional enforcement and/or visitation by Forest Service personnel will be needed in the future.

Whatever happened to Ron and the possible creation of the Deep Creek Volunteer Conservancy? I haven't seen many posts about this since I've been gone! Later all, Paul P.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Meeting with Feinstein and Boxer

Paul P. 1403June 24, 2002 12:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login