Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Wed visit

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 25, 2016 02:35PM
Having fluid drained from my knee and some supplemental arthroscopic procedures recently made me take it easy yesterday.
I picked up a little bit of trash right on the trail on the way down without hiking to the sides. There was not much to begin with. I recall the last time it took me almost 2 hrs to get down. Whoever cleaned up the hill sides - please accept my sincerely gratitude.
It was a mellow day at the springs. Perhaps 20 people tops. I soaked, talked to some nice folks and picked up some trash. The springs were not completely trashed as during my last visit. People must've paid attention to the Do not leave anything behind rule.
I only had energy to pick up upstream and around the pools. I collected about 12 bags but by the time I left only 5 remained. If you see them please carry one out.

I came across an area where I saw some old sleeping bags, mattresses, old tents. I was afraid somebody left those to come back and reuse. Does anyone know whether we should bag and carry this drek out?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wed visit

Sam D.1454August 25, 2016 02:35PM

Re: Wed visit

Rick1227August 25, 2016 07:46PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login