All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 28, 2016 03:04PM
No Wizard, you are thinking of Sweat pea.
I have told you about Shirley Jean before. She was from Salt Lake, a retired state service worker. When she was 55 years young she retired and had the best retirement party ever at Deep creek. I spent that week end with her and one of her good friends from S.L. We spent the week end drunk and NAKED. Then I went back to work, all of my laughing muscles were sore from laughing way too much. I called her marijuana Jean cause she was constantly smoking it. Then years later she went to a wedding and was busted. She changed to Margarita Jean. Every where she went she preached against marijuana and would showed a video about the dangers of pot. She was very serious, it made me laugh even more. She would travel around with an ice crusher and mix up some drinks telling jokes making me laugh and laugh. She had a good heart and a kind spirit. I loved going to the springs and being with her. She was the light of the party. She would shame men who would go to the springs and NOT get naked. Like they were guilty of a crime or something. If they still refused she would beg them to get naked just for her. I admired her naked spirit.
She lived at the Moss Mill when Mike Castro was living there and even after he took over Bowen ranch. She went for weeks never wearing clothes at her blue and white r/v there. Was always helping strangers and regulars or who ever needed help. She was the one who first encouraged me to clean up the trash at the springs.
Circle of life does not stop. We will be lucky if we live as long as her. Hope we do and can still soak at the springs.
I am going to a bar and ordering a margarita for the Elving Queen.
RIP Jean.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Shirley Jean "the Elfin Queen" has died at 82

katrina island1584June 26, 2016 11:43AM

Re: Shirley Jean "the Elfin Queen" has died at 82

Rick777June 27, 2016 01:17AM

Wizard898June 27, 2016 09:04PM

jobe1347June 28, 2016 03:04PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login