All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 04, 2016 02:38PM
I was able to make the trip to DCHS for the first time yesterday (May 3, 2016). It was a clear day with just enough of a breeze to keep it from being stifling.

I decided, even though it was my first time, I was going to make the most of it. At the trailhead at Bowen Ranch, I stripped down and started out au naturale. Spent a few hours at DCHS, met some really nice folks, then had to head back up the trail. Not to many folks down at the Creek, but enough to make it fun.

I started heading out at the same time as another couple. We all decided that we needed to "take it easy" going up (and going up was hot and slow). We passed each other a couple of times. Right before the last hill to the parking area (Bowen Ranch), my body hit "the wall". I finally decided to put my textiles back on so I could sit on the rocks easier. It took me an hour to make it up that list hill.

The couple actually waited for me to make sure I was OK. It was very nice and considerate of them. Above all else, that made my day, I am very thankful that I met them.

It was a wonderful experience, that I hope to be able to do again (when I am in better shape).
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Excellent Day at the Springs

bigfredlab1770May 04, 2016 02:38PM

Re: Excellent Day at the Springs

Wizard1475May 04, 2016 04:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login