Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Planning to go here for the first time soon. Some q's?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 23, 2016 11:32AM
cndvgl, where in the mountains did you move too? If you are around the Lake Arrowhead or Crestline area, then hiking the Bradford Ridge Trail will get you to Deep Creek Hot Springs much quicker than doing the long drive clear out into the desert, and the 6 miles or so up the Bowen Ranch dirt Rd. The Bradford Ridge Trail has been GPS measured at two and a half miles, so its only about a half mile longer than the Bowen Ranch trail route to the springs. I talk with all sorts of people down at the springs that regularly use the Bradford Ridge Trail, finding it better for them, depending on the direction that they are coming from, like LA or the Inland Empire. On that trail you drive on pavement all the way to the trail head, and there is no fee to park there. As far as your vehicle safety is concerned, the Bowen Ranch parking area is usually trouble free since the owner is there a lot. The Bradford Ridge parking spot is in an area with nothing really around. The people I have talked to have not told me about any vandalism problems there, but of course its always a possibility. That hike to DCHS from Splinters Cabin is pretty long. I'm just guessing but I think its maybe 7-8 miles, you will have to look at the map, or call the Discovery Center in Fawnskin at Big BearLlake and they could probably tell you the mileage. I was at the springs yesterday, there were a lot of people there, fun times, visiting and soaking. Good Luck on your first trip smiling smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Planning to go here for the first time soon. Some q's?

cndvgl2269January 22, 2016 10:10AM

blueye71432January 22, 2016 03:32PM

Wizard1345January 23, 2016 11:32AM

Mr_Wayne1272January 25, 2016 06:01AM

Wizard1781January 25, 2016 12:26PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login