Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 08/25/2014

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 26, 2014 06:43PM
What an amazing day at the creek yesterday! It was my first solo trip to the creek and it was well worth it. I started the hike about 1130am and set a pretty leisurely pace. I was in no rush to get anywhere so took my time to spot different animals, birds and plants. There isn't much flowering at the moment, but the holly plants had tons of berries on them. I saw all sorts of squirrels, lizards, 2 rattlesnakes and what appeared to be a coyote in the distance, but could have just been a stray dog. I got to the hot springs around 1230. The water was nice and clear. After crossing the creek it was time for a cold water dip. There were lots of catfish and minnows. After cooling down, it was time to relax, eat lunch and enjoy everything the creek has to offer. There were about a dozen people at the creek at this time. The majority clothed. Talked with Jobe for a little bit while he was working on the Arizona pool. The pool looks amazing btw! The trash pile had gotten smaller and the beach area was well cleaned. Kudos to whoever put in the time to clean it. I ventured upstream to do some jumping, thanks Ian for tagging along. Then on my way back to the hot springs I picked up a bag full of trash. Time for more swimming and conversation. Everyone I encountered was super nice. Great conversation and good stories! Lets not forget the fresh cantaloupe that some of the locals shared with me. I forget your nicknames, but thank you! One last dip in the creek, then time to head out. Then I notice someone taking pictures of me while I am swimming. After gathering my things, i went and talked to the guy i saw taking pictures of me. I explained he should always ask to take pictures of someone. He explained he was a photo journalist and gave me his card. He understood my concern and said he would be sure to ask anyone in the future. So I said my good byes and headed out, picking up another bag full of trash along the way! Another perfect day.

$60 in gas
3 hrs of driving
Day at DCHS, Priceless
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 08/25/2014

Nmvhiker1844August 26, 2014 06:43PM

Re: Trip Report 08/25/2014

neogeo1541August 26, 2014 07:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login