Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report Thursday 8-7-14

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 09, 2014 01:36PM
When I got to the Freedom trail head there were 4 cars. I could see 5 cars on the Bowen ranch. It was 2:00 pm. The weather was great with a small breeze in my face. The rain had made some new gullies in some places .
When I got near to mofo hill I came across Wizard. So we hiked in together. When we got to the springs neogeo was there. So was a guy who used to be called Mayor Dave. We all had a nice chat. When I got my thermometer out it was 5 pm.
The outside air temp in the shade of the trees near the Contemplation pool it was 91 degrees.
All pool temps are taken near the center and near the surface.
The Arizona pool was in the shade at this time and only 108 degrees. This pool was more beautiful than it ever has been.
The creek temp just up stream from the Arizona pool was 86 degrees. The water in the creek was muddy but not too bad for swimming in.
The Anniversary pool was nice and giddy at 110 degrees. The sun was still shining there.
The Womb pool was at 106 degrees.
The Serenity pool was 106 degrees also.
The Crab Cooker pool is still 114 degrees.
The Contemplation pool was at 95 degrees. Mayor Dave and an Afrcian American woman spent a few hours of their time draining and cleaning the muck left from Sundays down pour. I thanked them and shared a COLD BEer with them.
As I started my hike up mofo hill I spotted a coyote off to the left side. While some Ravens were playing tag along the cliffs.
And THAT is what keeps me coming back to them thar hills.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report Thursday 8-7-14

jobe2260August 09, 2014 01:36PM

Re: Trip Report Thursday 8-7-14

neogeo917August 10, 2014 01:19AM

Wizard932August 10, 2014 01:56AM

neogeo1370August 10, 2014 10:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login