Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Heat and Camping Advice

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 22, 2014 01:56PM
Hi all!

First of all, thank you for this wonderful resource and all the work many of you do to maintain the hot springs for all of us!

I'm planning a 2-night trip out to the hot springs with a group of budding naturist friends. I've been digging around on the internet for information (and found a lot of it!) but had a few questions I wanted to ask you folks directly.

Heat: Will we be absolutely miserable if we go while the temperature if peaking in the upper 90s/ low 100s? We're planning on hiking in early in the morning/ hiking out after the afternoon heat has passed and bringing copious amounts of sunscreen, water, food, and perhaps a shade shelter. If there enough natural shade and cooler than hot water to keep us comfortable down there for 10-12 hours, or are we likely to just feel gross/ get heatstroke?

Camping: We're planning on camping a night or two. We don't require facilities and would prefer somewhere quiet and relatively private where we won't have to listen to the sound of RV generators all night but can pitch 5 small tents in the same area. How are the sites at Bowen's Ranch? Are they relatively secluded at all or is it just a chance to pitch a tent next to you car? How about shade and scenery? Does anyone have any recommendations for or against the Mojave Forks Regional Park near Hesperia or Hesperia Lake Park/Campground?
I've read lots of posts about people camping on or around the beach at the hot springs. I understand it's illegal to do so, but how strictly is it enforced? Are there decent places for dispersed camping the legal mile + away?

Any other helpful advice is more than welcome! We plan on bringing down (and back up!) plenty of trash bags smiling smiley
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Heat and Camping Advice

tripplanner1968July 22, 2014 01:56PM

Re: Heat and Camping Advice

mojave1572July 22, 2014 03:23PM

Paul P.1050July 22, 2014 05:34PM

neogeo931July 22, 2014 07:18PM

Wizard955July 22, 2014 08:32PM

neogeo932July 25, 2014 10:17AM

Paul P.823July 25, 2014 12:36PM

mojave798July 25, 2014 05:59PM

neogeo978July 25, 2014 09:15PM

mdskibum1440July 27, 2014 01:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login