Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report Thursday 06/12/2014

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 13, 2014 02:32PM
I arrived at the Bowen Ranch around 12 PM. There were 5 cars in the lot. It took me about 1.5 hrs to hike down as I picked up some trash on the trail and lower parking lot. I left one bag on the trail and somebody took it up. Thank you whoever you are.

There were about 20 people at the springs. Overall it was a mellow crowd though I prefer less screaming. Only 2.5 people were CO. The water temperature was too hot to get in so I spent 5 hrs collecting trash from the upstream. There was not too much of it. Jobe keeps the area pretty clean. He told me he took 8 bags up on Tuesday only to discover on Thursday that somebody’s trash bag broke down and was left abandoned by a boulder upstream with contents scattered all over.

Jobe dragged 60 lbs. of cement and made major improvements to the Arizona Pool. We had nice time talking, admiring repairs to the AZ pool and consuming adult beverages. Every odd can I drank I drank for his health. Once the sun started setting down I went into the Womb pool. It was still hot. Wizard loaned us his thermometer which showed 106F on the surface. Once I crossed back to the BR side I cleaned up the area to the left if facing the Womb. It was pretty trashed.

So, overall I collected 16 bags but by the time I was leaving only 11 remained on both sides of the creek. I tried to make the bags light with the exception of one bag. So if you go there this weekend, please take some with you. I could only carry a small one – my entire trip was plagued by leg cramps that started from the moment I left the car.

I also talked to some people who claimed to be at the springs the day a girl got a snake bite. Apparently, she was either playing with or reaching to touch the snake. I was also told that it was not a mojave green snake (one of the most poisonous in the USA). It was some sort of a timber snake that's very mellow and would never bite unless provoked.
I myself saw a snake 2' in front of me. The snake moved so quickly I could not even see what kind it was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2014 01:18AM by Sam D..
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report Thursday 06/12/2014

Sam D.2139June 13, 2014 02:32PM

Re: Trip report Thursday 06/12/2014

neogeo784June 14, 2014 10:19AM

neogeo847June 14, 2014 10:19AM

Paul P.868June 14, 2014 02:41PM

Wizard1360June 14, 2014 03:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login