All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 14, 2014 12:05AM
Hello all,

I plan on driving to the hot springs this sunday from Flagstaff, AZ on my way back to the Five Cities (805).
I have a 4wd Toyotta 4runner and plan on staying at the "H" camp or mysterious road 3N39 off of the willow creek jeep trail.

Does anybody know about this road, the regulations, and difficulty? My 4runner and I have tackled many gnarly roads in Sedona, and I feel comfortable with a little rock crawlin.

Edit: With more research I have found the name of that road, Holocomb creek. It is not recommended to anyone without lockers on all 4 wheels. Looks like I'll pass this time, and use other roads with less menacing rock gardens

I also plan on spending at least 2 hours or so hauling out trash, if there is a need! I have been to sykes hot springs and was disgusted at the amount of trash near the springs, even with a 14 mile out hike through wilderness!

Also, how is the fishing near the springs?

I look forward to meeting some of you in person, and appreciate your help! Also, I would not mind some company if anyone wants to fish, have a couple beers, soak and pick up trash.

Edit: I realize now that I might have displayed some lesser known secrets, so I have edited my post for discretion. I am not going to this magical place to trash it or spoil its secrets; I am just an old man in a young adults body, trying to heal/sooth my broken body!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 08:54AM by troutslayermax.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

First Timer; Road 3N39

troutslayermax3449March 14, 2014 12:05AM

Re: First Timer; Road 3N39

DLM1199March 14, 2014 09:50AM

Re: First Timer; Road 3N39

troutslayermax1910March 14, 2014 10:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login