Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trip Report 3-8 & 3-9 - 2014

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 11, 2014 11:28AM
A nearly perfect weekend indeed. A couple of things would like to add. My trip started Friday afternoon 3-7, 3-8, 3-9-14. Since I have not been to DCHS for a weekend visit in about a year was wondering what it was going to be like. As I was hiking in Friday afternoon using the Bradford Bridge Trail I could not help but notice that the trash was not accumulating along the trail, as was not the case the last weekend I was there. The beach area where most of the trash usually acumulates was minimal. Thanks to all that help, police the area because it is making a difference. Scott and his GF Pink as I called her were producing a little concert with his guitar; most everyone seemed to be enjoying it. Then on Saturday, very much a perfect day to be at the creek I noticed Jobe full of energy cleaning out the pool, but as the day progressed, he got distracted. It probably had something to do with the fellow that said he brought more beer than he needed and did not want to carry any back. Since I had already spent some time earlier gathering some trash, I only made a half hearted attempt at flagging Jobe down to see if he needed help. By mid afternoon it was my naptime. During the day, Scott asked if I could take his friend to the emergency room to have him checked out since he had not been feeling well since he got there. After talking with a few patrons discovered that the trio had partied hard and was most likely hung over. I told him to give him some time to eat something with plenty of fluids that did not contain alcohol, which seemed to help. Scott and company resumed their concert skills Saturday night, but was rewarded with a much more enthusiastic crowd and plenty of adult beverages seemed to help. Sunday morning dawned into a beautifully perfect day. I had spent the night up a distance above the PCT and was returning along the trail when I decided that my pooch would enjoy a swim since it was already getting warm. So we hiked down to the creek and took advantage of the cool creek water. I had just opened a pouch on my backpack to check the time and accidentally knocked my pack over spilling my emergency flash light, spare batteries, first aid kit, and repair parts for my pack when suddenly a helicopter shows up just above the ridge behind me. Here I am on all fours trying to retrieve my belongings when this chopper is hovering over me. Then I thought this must look pretty lame to the pilot above me so I stood up and he left. So immediately went back to searching for my lost items and nearly as soon the chopper was back hovering over me, this occurred three times. On the third time, I was determined not to leave my items in the sand. Finally found all my lost articles and loaded up to leave. Then I remembered Scott’s friend who was feeling poorly and thought that some one must have called for a medivac to take him to an ER. As I was leaving and out above the creek noticed a couple people get into the chopper and they left. A very fine time at the springs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 3-8 & 3-9 - 2014

jobe2032March 10, 2014 02:34PM

juliankaye943March 11, 2014 07:03AM

tjnthesky926March 11, 2014 11:28AM

Malaysia Air 370

mohave1282March 11, 2014 10:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login