Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Where do I camp?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 22, 2014 12:20PM
Camp at the Ranch. You can't camp by the creek, and can't have a fire there - and when it's cold at night you may want a fire. Idiots who build fires at the springs exist, and may someday heavens forbid destroy the paradise that exists down there. They should always be discouraged. There are fire rings at most of the campsites at the Ranch. If it is windy don't build a fire though as it is dry even now in winter. Make sure you know how to extinguish your fire properly. There was a small brush fire right next to the camping area at the Ranch not too long ago, you will see traces of it immediately as you begin to hike to the springs. At the ranch, you have to bring everything with you - no water nothing supplied. And yes, many camp there nude like over caffeinated bunnies, at least when its warm enough! Definitely the morning ritual of caffeination after sleeping in a tent is best done like the desert bunnies.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Where do I camp?

monimons1621February 21, 2014 10:42PM

mohave1096February 22, 2014 08:09AM

Paul P.904February 22, 2014 09:32AM

neogeo895February 22, 2014 12:20PM

Paul P.1583February 22, 2014 02:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login