Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Where do I camp?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 22, 2014 09:32AM
Monica, here is some more information about the Bowen Ranch trail to the hot springs (thanks neogeo!)

"Some tips on the Bowen Ranch trail - You descend the first big hill from the parking lot area. Remember this trail, as on the way back it is one of the places many get lost. You hike down to a "road" of sorts, turn left, go a few yards and follow signs to the right with the continuation of the trail. When you get much closer to the springs, there is another big descent. Here, before that last descent, you should find the fork in the trail that leads down to the right - don't go straight down the hill, straight ahead. The path to the right is much easier and the way most go down to the creek and springs.

When you arrive creekside, there are a few options. The creek is shallow this year, so even though it is freezing, crossing the creek directly to the pools on the other side is not terrible this year (some winters you can't do that easily). You can also go to the left up over the big hill that faces the pools and climb down to some rocks just upstream from the springs and cross by hopping across the rocks, thus not getting wet at all."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Where do I camp?

monimons1621February 21, 2014 10:42PM

mohave1096February 22, 2014 08:09AM

Paul P.903February 22, 2014 09:32AM

neogeo895February 22, 2014 12:20PM

Paul P.1582February 22, 2014 02:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login