Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Hike/Camping from Lake Arrowhead

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 26, 2014 06:34PM
Annashep,
Everyone here sound like spoiled city sleekers. IF (and that is a big word)you are a good camper you will enjoy the many pleasures of this forest.With out latrines and fire rings and such.
The place I like to camp there is just up hill from the plarking area. But there are many fine camping oppertunities in all directions. The last time I camped there I left my camping equipment out while soaking at the springs. When I returned to my stuff a large Western timber rattler had claimed my sleeping bag as his own. I tried to shoo him away to no avail. So I went for a hike. 30 minuets later he was still there. He left when I hit him with some rocks. So be aware.
I have camped there at least 12 times. The only trouble I had was when a black guy pulled into the parking area and was peering into all the cars weather too closely. He left quickly when I cranked up my stereo.
If you love camping you will like it there. It is a 3 mile hike to the springs. I like drinking the water from the source springs and fill my water bottles there while camping in the area. Another benefit is you do not have to cross the cold creek to get to the hot pools. Many times I have spotted deer and coyotes in the area too.
ENJOY!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hike/Camping from Lake Arrowhead

annashep2589February 10, 2014 04:47PM

Paul P.1337February 10, 2014 11:36PM

nekkid19641292February 15, 2014 12:55PM

mohave1194February 16, 2014 08:42PM

milehi1059March 25, 2014 05:24PM

jobe1155March 26, 2014 06:34PM

mohave1567April 19, 2014 04:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login