Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Watch out, dog attack!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 03, 2014 10:57AM
Both terrible stories - I hope Tema is OK Wizard. I've never seen a pit bull attack a person, but that is just me - a pit bull did try to kill my dog once, it was a drug dealer's dog in a local park, and the dealer had to punch the dog and pry its mouth open to get it to release my poor dog from its jaws. My dog avoids all pit bulls now, but both my neighbors on either side of me have one, and they are both incredibly sweet.

In all the years I've been going to DCHS, I've only brought my dog along once. This is mostly because my dog is very excitable, and a hunter - I don't want to take her to a place where I know for a fact there are a lot of snakes. When I did bring her with me, it was a Bradford Ridge trail day, so she didn't have to cross the creek (she doesn't like to swim). She loved being there and loves all adventures as dogs do, there was a beautiful male german shepherd dog that belongs to another regular there and they played, and she got to watch the ducks with a gleam in her eye. When I was soaking I did put her on a leash tied to the cottonwood trees so she wouldn't bother anyone. But the other big reason I don't bring her down there is stories of vicious dogs like this.

I hope Celtfire doesn't mind, but I wanted to repost here that on his Facebook group someone just posted a story from two weekends back that a "big black dog" seemed to kill or severely injure another dog, a small dog, there. Here is one post on the matter:

"My friend & I witnessed the whole incident. A big black dog grabbed the Pomeranian by the neck/back and threw her on the ground where she layed still. As soon as owner picked her up, limp, blood gushed from her nose and mouth. I rushed over to help but it was a grim prognosis. I'm so sorry for Corazon. I caught the owner's name while in Arizona and she was passing out veggie treats to everyone in there."

I can't help but wonder if it is the same dog, and someone is bringing repeatedly a vicious dog down to the springs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watch out, dog attack!

Wizard1725February 03, 2014 12:15AM

Paul P.892February 03, 2014 08:50AM

neogeo868February 03, 2014 10:57AM

Wizard791February 03, 2014 03:57PM

calidev915February 03, 2014 07:53PM

neogeo898February 03, 2014 09:00PM

calidev837February 03, 2014 09:18PM

mohave1596February 04, 2014 02:27AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login