All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 18, 2013 08:19PM
I got to the hot springs at @ 5 am just as the moon was setting in the west the sun was lighting up the eastern sky. It was beautiful to behold. When I got into the Anniversary pool several hotspring regulars spoted me and brought me coffee and cookies. THANX everyone ! After coffee I soaked in the Contemplation pool but it was too cool to stay for long. I got out and wraped myself in my towel and sat on the rocks beside this pool. While there the birds came from all directions. I saw one bird was washing himself in the creek. He was splashing back and forth for @ 10 minuets. You could tell by watching that he was reeaallyy enjoying himself. Then, he sunned his feathers out in an amazing dance and display like (I really love this place). After getting dry this bird jumped under water and in @ 20 seconds came out with a minnow in his beak. He procceded to bash his head on a rock. When the minnow gave up his fight the bird threw him up and ate him. He did this two more times then jumped up on a rock and started to sing his song :~) "IF" I only had a video to share. It was an amazing reminder of where I was.
At 1 pm I got my thermometer out to see what I might learn.
The outside air was 64 degrees.
The Creek water just up stream from where the Arizona pool is was 59 degrees.
All pool temps were taken near the center and near the surface.
The Arizona pool was 110 degrees. It was only @ 1 foot deep. So, I dug it out some and it is a little deeper now.
The Anniverary Pool was 105 degrees. Very clean, very nice.
The Womb Pool was 101 degrees. Very clean, very nice.
The Serenity Pool was 101 degrees. Cooler than expected. Most of the Crab Cooker water was not going totaly in there was the reason it was cooler.
The Crab Cooker Pool was 112 degrees. Very clean, very nice.
I did not take the temp of the contemplation pool.
All day long on a Monday felt like a weekend as I estimate at most 40 persons were @ the springs at any time. About 50/50 with the nudity/textile thing. As far as I can tell we were loveing and taking advantage of the best weather in our great country ;~)
DO NOT forget to give thanks.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 11-18-13

jobe1454November 18, 2013 08:19PM

Re: Trip report 11-18-13

Paul P.761November 18, 2013 08:27PM

jobe724November 18, 2013 08:38PM

Paul P.697November 18, 2013 09:07PM

Paul P.602November 18, 2013 09:27PM

mohave1314November 18, 2013 09:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login