Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

Forest Service planning

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 12, 2001 02:05PM
Here is a link to the website concerning the update of the management plan for the San Bernardino National Forest. I just found this link so I am still studying it. There is another map that shows the endangered species.

If you are interested in what the Forest Service is planning for Deep Creek,review the following website, try to attend public meetings, write letters for emails to the decision makers, and request information. You can request information from the U. S. Forest Service (909) 884-6634 Main Office Ruth Wenstrom ext. 3130. The documents include the Forst Planning Update, Providence Forest Plan Monitoring, Amendment packet for San Bernardino National Forest, and can be requested on CD Ram (hope I spelled that right)

<HR>
<CENTER>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>
<DL>

<DT><A HREF="http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/sccs/index.html">Forest Service Plan Update</A>
<DD>

</DL>
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</CENTER>
(I hope this works, I am experimenting on doing a link on the forum.)

Most of us just love to hike and feel that is very low impact on the environment. However, recently there have been articles about hiking affecting the environment negatively. Your shoes can carry non-native plant material, your noise can interfer with the mating calls of the toads, you may step on a toad or endangered plant. You may think this is drastic, however, hikers are not exempt from examination of how we affect the environment. Deep Creek from Devil's Hole to the spillway has been determined to be crucial habitat for the endangered species, the southwestern arroyo toad.

All I am saying is that we can no longer be complacent about Deep Creek. The future of public lands is a current hotly contested issue between the environmentalists and the public land users. Hopefully, it will result in a reasonable balance that will accomodate both man and species.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Forest Service planning

Katrina 1436May 12, 2001 02:05PM

Re: Forest Service planning

Paul P. 1095May 12, 2001 10:33PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login