Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Pavement on Bowen ranch road ?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 30, 2013 07:59PM
I went to the springs today. When I was at the end of the pavement on Ocotillo way there was a detour and they were putting pavement on the dirt road. When I Left this evening there was pavement on the first 100 feet on Bowen ranch road. So, it seems to me that others will have to modify their directions on line and else where to remain current. And not confuse new comers to the springs. I estimate they laid down @ 1/2 mile of pavement today. They continued 1 block past Bowen ranch road on the Ocotillo way. This will be good for us when the rainy season starts.
"The only thing certain in life is change" my Dad.
I got to the springs @ 11:40 pm. The outside air temp was 76 degrees with a gentle breeze and no clouds.
At 2:00 pm I got my thermometer out to see what I could learn.
The creek water was 78 degrees. That means the air temp was cooler than the water in the creek ? ! ? A first in a long time.
All pool temps were taken in the middle of the pools and near the surface.
The Arizona pool and the Anniversary pool were 108 degrees. I dug a lot of sand out of the Arizona pool and so did seveal other volunteers. It is now more than knee deep everywhere.
The Womb pool was 104 degrees. I pulled 8 glow sticks out of the bottom.
The Serenity pool was 106 degrees.
The Crab Cooker pool was 112 degrees.
The Contemplation pool was 94 degrees.
There was only @ 10 gallons of trash around the pools which I disposed of properly.
Everyone I saw today were happy to spend time at the springs. Never more than 20 persons were around the springs today. Another beautiful day for being at D.C.H.S.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Pavement on Bowen ranch road ?

jobe1604September 30, 2013 07:59PM

Re: Pavement on Bowen ranch road ?

neogeo883October 01, 2013 02:55PM

Paul P.842October 01, 2013 05:55PM

jobe773October 01, 2013 07:10PM

Paul P.1433October 02, 2013 08:10AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login