All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 23, 2013 05:32AM
I got to the Freedom trail head at 4:20pm. It's a funny thing about that number, I left the next day at 4:20pm.
While hiking in I met a guy hauling a large bag of trash towards Bowen ranch. I thought perhaps he was from Minn. I thanked him for his service.
When I got to the springs there were @ 25 persons around the springs. So I talked to some of the hot spring regulars. Everyone said it had been a terrific day. Fall was in the air as I headed back up to my truck to camp. For the first time in a long time I wish I had carried a long sleeved shirt. The wind had a big chill that forced me to be a little stronger. It was very moving to watch the moon rise. I climbed a very large hill and watched the earth move out of the moon lights path. It is a very dramatic and amazing light show. Of course, I had my long sleeved shirt on by now.
The next morning mosquitoes woke me up. I was glad I had brought my sleeping bag because my blanket and sheet would have not been warm enough. The mosquitoes would circle around the opening of my sleeping bag and land on my face. I may be getting too old to notice the little prick when they bite. But it is just plain annoying to wake up hearing them buzzing around. When I did get out of my sleeping bag a large dark cloud was overhead blocking the sun from shining. A westerly breeze pushed it out of the way just as the sun was rising and the moon was setting. Another very dramatic and amazing light show. Makes me think of Jimi Hendrx ... excuse me while I kiss the sky ...
It was 8:30 am when I got back to the springs. Only a few campers were awake for another weather perfect day. I spent at least 1 hour letting the shower give me a much needed message. Between the hours of 10 till 12 many persons began descending to the springs area. At most 50 persons. No loud or obnoxious idiots just fun loving nature lovers are what I saw all day.
At 2pm I got my thermometer out to see what I might learn.
The outside air temp was 88 degrees.
The creek water just upstream from the Arizona pool was 78 degrees. 3 or 4 weeks ago it was 88 there. It is that time of year.
All temps were taken from the center of the pools and near the surface.
The Arizona pool was just a little less than knee deep. The water temp was 108 degrees. This is hotter than in years past so I took the temp of the water at the source there. It was coming out of the ground ar 112 degrees there. this was news to me because in years past it used to come out there at 104-106 degrees. It must be from a shifting of the hot water sources beneath the surface somewhere and somehow ?
The Anniversary pool was at 105 degrees.
The Womb pool was 102 degrees. I searched the bottom for trash and only found 1 glow light.Thanks to all who help keep it clean.
The Serenity pool was at 106 degrees.
The Crab Cooker pool was 112 degrees. When I rounded the rocks to take the temp of the Contemplation pool a couple were making love there. So I skipped taking the temp there. But I'll bet it was @ 95 degrees there. Or maybe a little hotter the way she was moving ;~)
The trash problem seems to be in good order, Thanks to the vigilance of all the good volunteers !
Happy hot springing everyone !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2013 08:22AM by jobe.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 9-21 & 22-13

jobe1872September 23, 2013 05:32AM

Re: Trip report 9-21 & 22-13

jobe996September 23, 2013 07:57AM

neogeo931September 23, 2013 09:31AM

jobe881September 23, 2013 09:56AM

Ankhs847September 23, 2013 04:22PM

neogeo1348September 24, 2013 10:18AM

calidev869September 23, 2013 06:52PM

mohave954September 23, 2013 08:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login