Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Car camping other than Bowen

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 31, 2013 07:10PM
xinlitik,
The Freedom trail head is an excellent place to camp. It is 1.2 miles from the hot springs but still 900 feet of elevation change, same as Bowen ranch elevation. There are plenty of good places to camp in your car or in a tent. Two summers ago I kept a tent w/supplies there for 2 months.
To get there :
At the first sign that says you are entering Bowen ranch turn uphill to the right. A car w/high clearance recommended or a truck. After turning right, take the next 3 left turns. After the 3rd left turn you go 1/2 mile and you will see a large parking area. Do not go past this area because a 4x4 is needed to go past there. Park there and look toward the south and there are large boulders. That is where the trail to the hot springs begins. Follow it downhill to the hot springs. When in doubt follow the most used trail.
I have camped there more than 100 times. Even when it is crowded there are thousands of acres to move if some bad apples appear and I just move away to be quiet again. Also, there is good hiking scenery in every direction. Remember to bring plenty of ice water and PLEASE haul out more trash than you bring in.
Good Luck and NO CAMPFIRES PLEASE !!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Car camping other than Bowen

xinlitik1663August 31, 2013 04:12PM

jobe963August 31, 2013 07:10PM

xinlitik815August 31, 2013 10:27PM

hiker896September 01, 2013 05:29AM

jobe944August 31, 2013 11:56PM

xinlitik1352September 01, 2013 09:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login