All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 30, 2013 11:36PM
Stuck around an extra night at Fairfax and attended the fair. Total money spent ... $1, the cost of admission before 6 pm. One look around and it's obvious the entire premise of the event is to rape people of cash. Too commercialized. I heard it wasn't always like that though. But then again the event does rake in 1/4 of a $billion over a few days so money clouds better judgement.

Aside from the aggressive parents using their strollers as weapons, subpar food that is designed purely to enhance obesity, rows and rows of junk merchandise and many folks that could use some manners ... starting to sound a lot like an outdoor version of Walmart ... thanks but no thanks. I did get a few good shots of baby pigs though. In all fairness, there were some old timers that had some good exhibits, just not enough to justify a visit, even if I had kids. Would rather take them to a real farm and learn to milk a cow ... or goat.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Labor day trip, and introduction

Rounderkatt1797August 27, 2013 12:13PM

Re: Labor day trip, and introduction

thepathlesstaken1265August 27, 2013 05:11PM

Rounderkatt858August 27, 2013 05:12PM

mohave1025August 27, 2013 07:41PM

Paul P.901August 27, 2013 09:49PM

mohave1380August 30, 2013 11:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login