Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Freedom vs Hunter's camp

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 15, 2013 10:37PM
Glad you found some Freedom Calidev.
Mohave, in your original post you asked if there are any restrictions at the lower parking lot. The only restriction I know of is you may only camp there for 15 days before you must move one mile from your original camp. Sounds like you are too busy to camp there that long. As I said earlier that area is under B.L.M. control and that is their rules. The National Forest does not start till just before you get to where the Hunter's camp intersects with the Goat trail. Probably 2 or 3 hundred yards before. On the map I could spot the boundry marker and put an east/west line. If I knew how ?
Perhaps some one here can do that. The east/west line would be just a tad above the green B marker near the Freedom trail. Between 10 or 20 feet on the ground above the top edge of the Green B marker.
Went to the spings yesterday. It was another weather perfect day. Well maybe a little on the hot side @ noon. I got to the Freedom trail at 9;30 am. There was no wind what so ever. There was a truck a car and a van parked there. I knew it was going to be a good trip when I first pulled out of my driveway a very large roadrunner bird hopped out in the road in front of my car. He ran in front for @ 40 or 50 yards. I suppose he was trying to hitch a ride to the hot springs w/me. Anyway it is strange and unusual to hike all the way to the springs with no wind at all. So when I got to the spring there were 2 couples who had camped there and a female long time regular relaxing as best they knew how. I went around and collected the trash witch every one knew nothing about HOW it got there. The worst trash was about 50 shardes of glass between the Womb pool and the Serinity pool. The camper thought they had picked it up at @ 2 am. But were mistaken. I found 3 ice boxes and 2 empty bags of wine and 3 wine boxes. #(*!^$)$@& I think that is how to spell how I felt while pileing all of this up.
It was good to see where someone had picked up almost all of the trash at the big boulder on the beach across from the springs. So A great BIG THANK YOU TO WHO EVER !
There was never more than 20 persons at the springs. Almost all were naked. It was very nice to listen to the water sounds until the campers discovered the speakers hooked up androidphone. It was cool as a drummer added to the beat of some cool tunes. Spent a lot of time with my googles swimming around looking at the bottom of the creek. I found a large rum bottle, a large summer hat, @ 5 beer cans,a pair of suglasses and a deflated float.
Everyone was having fun relaxing at deep creek with no problems I could detect. Except the one guy complaining about his hang over. We could all relate to thaat !
Days like yesterday are why I keep going back ;~)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2013 06:37AM by jobe.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Freedom vs Bowen vs ? Parking Lots

mohave2361August 12, 2013 06:18PM

Re: Freedom vs Bowen vs ? Parking Lots

jobe1095August 12, 2013 07:20PM

mohave1007August 12, 2013 08:19PM

jobe1153August 13, 2013 07:59AM

jobe1155August 14, 2013 06:48AM

mohave937August 14, 2013 08:50AM

calidev1006August 15, 2013 08:14PM

jobe1022August 15, 2013 10:37PM

MINERALKING944August 16, 2013 09:40PM

neogeo1084August 16, 2013 10:10PM

mohave1574August 17, 2013 12:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login