Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Freedom vs Hunter's camp

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 14, 2013 06:48AM
I think it needs to be said !
Many times while relaxing a D.C.H.S. people come up to me and ask why I discuss such and such. There are secrets that locals and regulars do not want to be shared here. I understand their concerns.
Hunter's camp is one such secret. Deep creek has seen a 10 fold increase in numers of people in the last several years. Thanks to the internet mostly. Most who go there consider it to be a hidden jewel, self included. There are many other secrets to this beautiful area. Many that will not be shared anywhere.
The only reason I am reveling it now is because it is a topic of cofusion to many lost hikers now in this area. So, THERE !
Several times while in that area persons have walked by saying the Bowen Ranch is right at the top of this hill. It is NOT. So, I have had to enlighten them. Many times I have had to be a traffic director to these lost hikers. Mike's map which he passes out at the ranch can be confusing to some. And I think he could care less. A sign stratigicly placed near the turn off near the lower parking lot could clear up some of this mess. That area is B.L.M.land. It is difficult to get the B.L.M. to do any thing about such matters. Perhaps I will give that a try in the near future.
It needs to be said to anyone attempting to access the area beyond the Freedom trail head parking area SHOULD have high clearance and 4 wheel drive. High clearance because the dirt road has many bumps and twist. Four wheel drive in case of rain. The road is very steep too. So, some times a 4 cylinder is not enough power. So be WARNED. Every responsible person is responsible for their own actions. NOT the messenger !
I posted this information here because it has been a topic of confusion for too long. And there it was right on this map.
So, all I can do is hope the Hunter' Camp stays like it is. I have found it to be the best spot for hauling out big heavy trash bags.
And about the Gate before the Hunters camp : it is maintaned by locals. Who Do NOT want motorcycles destroying the area as they have many other places. Once while I was going there a guy had a pair of pliers and was trying to cut the fence down. All one needs to do is lift the post out of it's slot. Please DO NOT CUT the fence down !
So, If anyone gets lost or hurt out there it is their own fault.
Have a nice day !
Once again my spell checker refuses to work ?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 09:45PM by jobe.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Freedom vs Bowen vs ? Parking Lots

mohave2361August 12, 2013 06:18PM

Re: Freedom vs Bowen vs ? Parking Lots

jobe1095August 12, 2013 07:20PM

mohave1007August 12, 2013 08:19PM

jobe1153August 13, 2013 07:59AM

jobe1154August 14, 2013 06:48AM

mohave937August 14, 2013 08:50AM

calidev1006August 15, 2013 08:14PM

jobe1022August 15, 2013 10:37PM

MINERALKING944August 16, 2013 09:40PM

neogeo1084August 16, 2013 10:10PM

mohave1574August 17, 2013 12:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login