All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 17, 2013 05:44PM
This belongs to Neal S and is from Yelp but worth sharing. Shame that it was his first visit to have to deal with this. The link didn't work correctly, so direct paste.

Neal S.
Los Angeles, CA

3.0 star rating 7/8/2013
This place was recommended to me years ago by a good girlfriend that swore by it so of course i was all over it: the first trip ALL THE WAY there from LA they closed it due to a family emergency at the main house just as we arrived. I decided to give it another try a year later with a girlfriend of mine - we get there at dusk set up camp in a beautiful spot, sipping on wine, everything great....then a truck of three drunk locals shows up KROQ blasting! There goes the neighborhood. Our peaceful night was gone and we had to instead listen to these idiots get wasted until we fell asleep. The next day there was no sign of them so we head down the trail towards the hot springs, about 15 minutes into the hike we come up on a stray dog, super cute beagle that we gave some water and sat with for a spell. Next thing you know around the bend comes the guys from the night before, total local meth head junkie dudes...they come sit with us asking about the dog and us, being quite aggressive in talks about what they were going to do to the dog, which upset us so we moved back up the trail a ways and waited til they left to make sure the dog would be ok. Finally they did leave and at that moment realized that in the heat of the moment our bag was gone! These crack heads stole our bag with EVERYTHING in it including car keys, cell phones, champagne, camera, id's, sketch book, etc. I took off down the trail running after them, and as i round a bend about 10 minutes away i hear voices down under a bluff off the trail. It was them, and they had emptied everything out of the bag, opened the champagne, was going through my girl's sketches...so i literally jumped down 10 feet from the trail like Rambo, rushed in grabbed our things from their hands, yelling at them to keep them off guard then rushed back up and rejoined my girl (who was scared to death) and we quickly returned to the main house and called the Sheriff whom in a few hours returned to investigate, and upon arrival says to us "that's why we don't like you people coming up here, every weekend we get calls about vehicle break in's and theft from local drug using yahoo's and there's nothing we can do." Well thank you Jonny Law! The fools are down at the Creek swimming around and still have our cell phone and camera! "Sir do you want to press charges and come back to court in a few weeks if in fact we recover your stolen items" - seriously before i could even answer, "that's what i thought, have a good day." There you have it folks, twice i've been to Deep Creek and still haven't seen the water! :/ I'll give it 3 stars for potential but the owners REALLY need to do a better job of screening out the drug addicts - they knew exactly who these guys were when we came to report. SHAME ON YOU!!! HIKERS BEWARE OF METH HEADS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 05:47PM by mohave.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report from hell

mohave2188July 17, 2013 05:44PM

Re: Trip report from hell

calidev1091July 17, 2013 06:07PM

neogeo1016July 17, 2013 10:03PM

mohave991July 17, 2013 11:59PM

Rick1044July 18, 2013 04:53PM

Madrox1313July 18, 2013 05:50PM

Rick1020July 23, 2013 06:11PM

mohave1704July 23, 2013 08:38PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login