All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 08, 2013 11:23PM
I wanted to see what the regulars think about Bowen Ranch. Does the owner get friendlier if you're a regular? Has anyone had any bad experiences that turned you away from the place? What's camping at the ranch like?
I've been to Deep Creek only once and parked at Bowen Ranch. I've read a bit about some bad experiences with the owner, but most people still seem to park there and don't mind. A few of us in our mid-20s went recently. We arrived and were greeted by the owner. He was assertive and made us pay attention to his instructions and suggestions for not getting lost. I appreciated his effort. Even though we were all experienced with hiking and nature, the trail was new to us and his instructions definitely helped. I bet there are lots of unprepared city folk who don't bring enough water and came there to get wasted and go "woooo!" all day. We did our research and came prepared. What are his rules that I should be aware of? I don't have a problem with his fees. I might try the Bradford Ridge trail next time, simply because I don't want to off-road in a low car.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

your experience at Bowen Ranch

ladeep1990July 08, 2013 11:23PM

Re: your experience at Bowen Ranch

mohave937July 09, 2013 02:19AM

kingnate2000879July 09, 2013 08:56AM

Rick816July 11, 2013 03:34PM

jobe839July 09, 2013 02:54PM

Paul P.1364July 11, 2013 09:43PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login