Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Trip report 3-28-2013

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 29, 2013 10:46AM
I have both good news and bad news about my trip yesterday.
First the good news ! The road grader dude was grading the road yesterday :~) At 10 am he had graded the road taking out most bumps to a point just past the ranch past the first hairpin turn is and where the houses end. He had gone several hundred yards past the ranch with the white pipe fence and windmill on the right hand side of the road. As I left yesterday evening he had made it to Coxey Truck Trail which is also FS 3n59 and the road to the Oak Springs Ranch. So all the city drivers can sigh a sigh of relief, for now any who.
I had planned on painting my RV/bus this morning but the 30-40 mph wind gust at my house prevented this. So I grabbed my ever ready backpack and headed toward the springs. When I got to the hunter's camp parking area to open the gate I noticed two baby deer inspecting the fence. There is no way for them to get over this fence there but they appeared to be looking for one to escape. So I turned my engine off and watched these 2 scared animals. It took them @ 5 minuets to find the bottom of the hill and run toward the Bowen ranch. After continuing through the gate a small road runner was in front of my Ford Explorer. I followed this guy at a slow pace him going on the road directly in front of me all the way down the hill for the 1/4 of a mile directly in front of me. As I got to the parking area he continued onto the trail going to the springs. Smart bird, I thought. See ya , at the springs I told him ;~)
The wind was light with an occasional gust of only 20 mph as the sun went behind a cloud just as I was hiking to keep me cool. In the 70 something degrees temps. I felt magic in the air. And as I got to the springs an old hot spring regular who post as Avadog was at the springs with her boy toy. I had not seen her for @ 4 months or so. So magic was in the air. It took us @ 1 hour to share our joy.
Then I headed over to the Anniversary pool for a soak.
OOPS! An emergency has happened and I have to go but will finish my post soon.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 3-28-2013

jobe1815March 29, 2013 10:46AM

Re: Trip report 3-28-2013

Avadog1387March 31, 2013 11:09AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login