Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

trip report- bradford ridge- 2-28-13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 01, 2013 06:48AM
Tried this route for the first time yesterday. I come from the San Gabriel Valley and had business in the AM in San Bernadino on Waterman ave. I figured this was a perfect time to try this route since I have alwasy used the Bowen ranch route previous. Stopped by the Starbucks and used their wifi to finish my work for the day and headed up the hill. Drive was ok and I had a little trouble finding the 173 from Grass Valley, but eventurally made my way to the end of the road. There were 2 cars parked on the north side of the road and I parked near them. I prepared for the hike, but didn't see the trail right away and was not sure where to go. Crossed the road and saw it right away, so off I went. Nice hike in, good trail, alot of snow and ice still on parts of the trail that made it tricky to walk through. I passed one guy and his hound on the way in that were leaving. Near the end it looked like there was 2 ways to go. I went to the right and that was pretty steep, and as I went down all I could think was that it was going to suck going back up. Hit the springs and they were beautiful. I had the springs to myself for my 1 hour soak and relaxation. I saw 2 guys on the beach and that was it. Started my hike back and timed myself to see how long it would take to get back and I tried to go at a good pace. The first hill is an ass kicker, that alone took me 20 min, but after that the trail is pretty nice and I made it back to my car in 1 hour total.

In review I think the drive is about 5 miles less that the ranch and 15 min faster overall from my house. I did not really enjoy all the mountian roads with the tight turns, but that is kind of my thing. I think I prefer the Ranch route because I have an SUV and the winding roads are not my favorite and the dirt part off the ranch sucks, but not that much with my car. If I had a Prius ( I wish I did with gas prices) or a smaller car then I think I would opt for the Bradford route.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

trip report- bradford ridge- 2-28-13

juliankaye1554March 01, 2013 06:48AM

Re: trip report- bradford ridge- 2-28-13

calidev1307March 01, 2013 08:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login