Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: 2/9/13 Bradford anyone?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 08, 2013 09:31PM
V, Its snowed quite heavy at times this afternoon in the Victor Valley and the mountains and hills all the way down to the desert valley floor will be full of snow tomorrow morning so I think there is no way you will be able to get to the Bradford Ridge parking area as that part of HWY 173 is not graded with snow plows. Also trying to go by way of the Bowen Ranch will also most likely not be possible either. One year when it snowed heavy I hiked to DCHS all the way up the canyon from the Mojave Forks Dam, along the PCT, and pics from that hike can be seen at my Flickr photo site, just click on Wizard's Pictures below on this page and those photos are quite a ways back in the Flickr site pages. And if you don't want your wife to slip and fall I wouldn't take her to Deep Creek / DCHS in snowy conditions like we are having right now. Also you could easily get stuck trying to access the area and the night temps will be very cold, not counting the wind chill affects. Some years ago a woman died of hypothermia when they ( she and her friend ) got caught in snowy conditions on their return hike from DCHS, they lost their way and wandered around the hills all night. The weather over the next few days will be getting warmer and the precip ( snow / rain ) will be moving off so the conditions will be better then for your hike. Good luck and be careful about your decision whether or not to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2013 09:48PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

2/9/13 Bradford anyone?

redtango1775February 08, 2013 09:49AM

Wizard857February 08, 2013 09:31PM

mohave864February 09, 2013 09:45AM

thepathlesstaken1363February 18, 2013 06:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login