All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 30, 2002 09:26AM
Ron,

I think the main objective of a mission statement is to make a broad statement and then further clarify exactly the purpose or mission. I think both of our suggested mission statements need further "tinkering" and you raise good points.

Like the part about "keeping our springs open and available for our children and grand children should be in the openning statement." Good thinking for "what if" contingencies!

Paul, I tried to incorporate your suggestion "coordinating and cooperating with our local private and public partnerships to ensure access to DCHS remains open for existing and future generations". The part "our local private and public partnerships" gets really long. Could we be talking about any other agency other than the USFS? Do we need to broadly base our statement? I'm only possing the question because there's a lot I don't know but I don't think there's any other group.

This is what I've come up with so far with the suggestions. To make it easier to deal with, I've broken it down into sentences.

"(Name of group to be decided) is a volunteer organization coordinating and cooperating with the United States Forest Service (USFS) to ensure continued public access to Deep Creek Hot Springs (DCHS) for existing and future generations.

The main focus of (Name of group to be decided) is protection, preservation and conservation of the area as it exists today by working to lower visitors' impact upon the area through involvement and education.

To bring people together in a sense of community, we emphasize a clean, healthy, clothing optional, family-oriented atmosphere in harmony with the natural environment.

We are committed to sharing information with other visitors on trash, the use of glass at the springs, etiquette, overnight camping, illegal fires and sanitary/environmental practices.

Our meetings are open to public observation and comment."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mission Statement

Ron 1332May 22, 2002 08:06PM

Re: Mission Statement

Wizard 662May 23, 2002 07:55PM

DCR 682May 28, 2002 04:09PM

Ron 687May 29, 2002 08:01PM

Paul P. 583May 29, 2002 10:45PM

DCR 565May 30, 2002 09:26AM

Ron 557May 30, 2002 10:10AM

DCR 817May 30, 2002 04:23PM

Paul P. 614May 30, 2002 10:02PM

DCR 579May 31, 2002 09:44AM

Paul P. 802May 31, 2002 06:26PM

katrina island 1334June 01, 2002 12:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login