Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Summary of First Meeting

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 22, 2002 10:09AM
It was great seeing Wizard again (and pups) and I really enjoyed meeting Ron. We had very interesting and enjoyable conversations.

Ron, thanks for consolidating everything we talked about. Your summary did remind me of several other points we talked about.

Other points to consider in the mission statement:

* Keeping the meetings open to public observation/comments.

* One purpose of our group/organization is to lower the impact that visitors have upon the area.

* One of our goals is to work with the USFS to keep the springs open and available to all.

We also discussed adding a box at the springs to make brochures available to visitors when we are not present. This might be added to one of the signs near the Arizona Pool. Since most visitors access the hot springs via the beach I also wonder if there should be a box for the brochures on the beach.

We also discussed researching exactly where our right to nudity in a National Forest comes from so that we can reference this in the brochure/handout.

I would also like Wiz to approach Ranger Burns about attending our next meeting and what the USFS could do about assisting us with trash removal days ... i.e. could they haul it out of the parking lot for us? could they let Wiz have a dump pass to haul it out in his pickup truck? What participation/help can we count on from them?

As far as the name goes, I have been looking up words in the thesaurus/dictionary and have found some interesting words. Maybe someone else will be inspired from them but at this point I'm not sure how to make a good name out of them!

* Alliance - an association to further the common interests of the members

* Ambassador - an authorized representative or messenger

* Exemplar - something that serves as a model or example

* Liaison - communication for establishing and maintaining mutual understanding

* Paladin - an outstanding protaganist of a cause

* Protaganist - the leader of a cause

By the way, I'll be at the springs this Sunday.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Summary of First Meeting

Ron 1863May 21, 2002 07:50PM

Wizard 581May 21, 2002 08:34PM

Naked Man 619May 22, 2002 08:07AM

DCR 565May 22, 2002 10:09AM

EastBay 572May 22, 2002 10:45AM

Arizona Mike 599May 22, 2002 12:10PM

DCR 632May 22, 2002 02:25PM

Wizard 597May 22, 2002 07:39PM

Ron 570May 22, 2002 08:29PM

DCR 568May 22, 2002 09:05PM

mp 568May 23, 2002 12:57AM

DCR 1053May 23, 2002 08:04AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login