Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Local dining

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 14, 2012 07:12PM
Opinion on some local restaurants I had a chance to try while in the area - although generally prefer to pick up a turkey provolone sandwich or two from Costco before hiking in, after swallowing the $1.50 hot dog. I prefer hole in the wall or family restaurants over chains and would recommend the ones below. Of course, there is always In-N-Out burger off of main in Hesperia.

Casa Delicias 9436 Hesperia Rd, Hesperia. Mexican. Looks more like a run-down garage than a restaurant across the street from train tracks, especially with bars on the windows. However, they make almost everything from the ground up since they specialize in catering. Had grilled fish tacos with a caramel churro. The tortillas were a bit heavy but overall excellent food, and big portions. I heard the burritos are good here as well in talking with a couple and they offer $1 menu on Tuesdays. Supposedly a local favorite.

Indian Express 14466 Main St, Hesperia. Indian. Had their lunch buffet for under $8, along with a mango smoothie and garlic naan, which was excellent. If you are used to spicy Indian food, then the buffet will disappoint. However, the food is still flavorful and offers a decent selection of vegetarian and meat dishes, along with salads and desserts. The owner is very attentive and as such, service is excellent. Steady stream of customers while I was there over the lunch hour.

New Ashoka 16180 Bear Valley Rd, Victorville. Indian. Came here for dinner and it was empty on a Saturday night. Ordered a few vegetarian dishes and asked for spicy, but only the beans were really spicy. However, the owner did bring out hot sauce to compensate. Really liked the palak paneer. The cauliflower potatoes were very good as well. The naan was fresh and great. I actually enjoyed the food more here than at Indian Express, but probably because it was made to order.

Ala Al-Deen 14303 7th St, Victorville. Middle Eastern. Another family restaurant. Ordered the falafel and chicken kabob. Falafel is excellent and stacks up to the very best in the big cities. Great spices on the chicken, slightly over-cooked but juicy and flavorful. Had baklava for dessert. Recommend it.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Local dining

mxa2032August 14, 2012 07:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login