Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trip report 7-6

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 10, 2012 11:25PM
Wizard, I ended up having my poisen oak rashes for almost 2 to 3 weeks. It was interesting how it would break out in one spot for a few days then I would get a new breakout somewhere else a couple of days after that. The worst and longest lasting rash was on my groin area. I had tried different anti-itch sprays and lotions but they were not very effective. Thanks to your's and a few other peoples suggestion of using very hot water that was what worked best for me. I tried the jacuzzi at my gym but it did not seem hot enough. I then tried my own bath tub and that worked but I ended up getting my whole body so hot that I was sweating for a good 20 minutes after getting out of the tub. I finally settled on just standing in a hot scalding shower and blasting the affected areas for a few minutes. Luckily my gym's showers have super hot water so I was able to get my itch relief after finishing my workouts. After doing the hot water treatments I was itch free for half a day or better. It is amazing the euphoria that you feel using this treatment. After getting past the inital pain of the super hot water on your skin you feel a few brief urge to itch the area and then all of a sudden the itching feeling goes away and a kind of euphoria comes over you and you just feel so amazingly good.

I also looked up some home remedies and found that a lot of people had success with applying a mixture of chlorine and water (1 part cholorine to 2 or 3 parts water). This mixture is suppose to help dry up the oozing that comes out of the rashes. I did not start trying this treatment until the second week of my rashes, I would say that it did seem to help a little bit, better than the over the counter items I had been using. If I get these rashes again I am thinking of trying to also use a super hot washcloth on the affected areas in addition to the hot shower treatments. I am curious if the hot cloths would work because I could apply them during the day while I am at my job. I hope your rash will clear up quickly and not be too great a bother to you.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip report 7-6

lbcalrr2175July 09, 2012 02:55AM

Wizard1048July 09, 2012 12:41PM

lbcalrr1031July 09, 2012 05:50PM

Wizard961July 10, 2012 12:30AM

lbcalrr1029July 10, 2012 11:25PM

Wizard910July 11, 2012 12:07AM

Tipper928July 11, 2012 07:37AM

Wizard996July 12, 2012 12:04AM

celtfire1541July 12, 2012 05:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login