Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (100% of Full)

Advanced

Second phone call with Ranger Brad

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 11, 2002 03:53PM
Brad returned my phone call today from a call of mine to him, earlier in the week, when I inquired about how he preferred to be contacted. In our phone conversation today he gave me his e-mail and said he preferred that our questions and inquires to him go through one person like me as he suggested, so as not to overload his e-mail. Of course I'll let our group decide who they wish the contact person to be. Calling him by phone is still an option but I'm sure he is a busy man and sending him an e-mail when we have simple inquiries will make things simpler for him. He also mentioned that at present he is the person who deals with the hotsprings area and the public. This is not his specific job but since he has been familiar with the area for many years the task of watching over DCHS has been most in his hands. He told me he is going to talk to the people above him to see if they wish for him to be the one to continue to work with the people at the springs and with something like the group we are working towards. He will let me know what he finds out. I asked him about the idea of having a simple sheet that we could make up which list the basic rules of the USFS in the hotsprings area as something to hand people when we at times make contact with persons who are not abiding by the USFS rules. Brad said that he liked this idea but that he would like to be given a copy of this sheet we make up for his reveiw first. Brad also wants to make clear that since we as individuals have no specific authority then we should be very casual and diplomatic in our attempts to approach people who may be breaking one of thier rules. Enforcement of these rules is in the hands of the USFS. He just doesn't want to see arguments and fights developing down there. I hope the people above Brad do choose him as our contact with the USFS since I find him to be very helpful and friendly.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Second phone call with Ranger Brad

Wizard 1159May 11, 2002 03:53PM

Re: Second phone call with Ranger Brad

JOBE 620May 11, 2002 06:12PM

Wizard 692May 11, 2002 10:05PM

The camping ban

Viejo Bill 657May 11, 2002 11:19PM

Re: The camping ban

Ron 621May 12, 2002 07:10PM

Naked Man 623May 12, 2002 08:23AM

Wizard 617May 12, 2002 08:52AM

JOBE 597May 12, 2002 10:21AM

Wizard 613May 12, 2002 09:20PM

Wizard 639May 13, 2002 08:18PM

JOBE 590May 13, 2002 08:29PM

Wizard 1055May 13, 2002 08:41PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login