Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: New to the forum

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 05, 2012 10:49PM
I see what you mean Jobe about that trail shown on top of the hill. Now that I look more closely the small circle about an inch to the left of the circle at the endpoint of that trail is actually the small outcrop at the end of the short dead end road where the Freedom Trail starts. But regarding the Hunters camp parking spot and the small canyon that road goes up to 3N59A, it is not south of the word " Trail ", but is actually immediatly on its left side, going westerly or roughly left of it. North is at the top of the map. Regarding hiking, you got my number so maybe we could do a hike in the mountains near our home. I do some hikes to places you have not been before. I know you liked the last area in Granite Mountains that I took you to :-) I was just out today with another long time DCHS friend Greg and we hiked into remote areas of Granite Mountains ( where I took you Jobe the last time ). In one canyon where we ate lunch we saw lots of Buzzards flying by up the canyon, heading to more northern areas of the state or further on where they spend the summers. They were using the canyons to keep out of the high winds today that were coming from the direction the Buzzards were trying to go :-) It was still quite windy and chilly ( 52 degrees ) as we were driving home from the hike.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

New to the forum

DLM2192March 24, 2012 11:53PM

Wizard1050March 25, 2012 04:41PM

DLM939March 28, 2012 12:45AM

jobe846April 04, 2012 08:02PM

Wizard926April 04, 2012 10:46PM

Wizard870April 04, 2012 10:48PM

jobe823April 05, 2012 05:13PM

Wizard1532April 05, 2012 10:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login