Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Re: 3.7 Visit Update

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 08, 2012 11:01PM
Good report Jtlguy; sounds like you had a fantastic day at the springs. They are awesome and whenever I am down there I don’t want to leave. I have been coming several years and have had no problems getting there in my Toyota and also I've never any problems with Mike and he’s always treated me well, however, other people report serious problems with him. As you noticed there is a micro-climate down in the canyon which can be quite pleasant in comparison to the ranch or along the ridge where the trail comes down. Those springs you’re interested in all have names. From where you crossed at the rocks, the first spring below the nude beach is the Arizona pool. The one you inquired about with the rock wall is the Anniversary pool. Below that is the Womb and directly below that is the Serenity Pool. The long narrow one at the end, which typically is the hottest one, is called the Crab cooker. The water coming out of the pipe near the Crab cooker is potable and safe to drink. Glad you had a great day and once you have been down several times you will be able to get back with no problems at all. In better weather, you and your friend might want to try free hiking in and out; that too is a great experience. I find whole experience is quite stress reducing.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

3.7 Visit Update

jtlguy2054March 08, 2012 09:17PM

windsailor986March 08, 2012 11:01PM

jtlguy907March 09, 2012 04:05PM

jtlguy872March 09, 2012 04:11PM

Rivernude985March 09, 2012 11:12PM

Wizard921March 10, 2012 12:13PM

jtlguy1465March 10, 2012 04:13PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login