All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 02, 2012 04:21PM
Hi Jtlguy

As for the Bowen Ranch road you will have no problem in your AWD vehicle. Sometimes I drive to the ranch in my Toyota Camry and it does fine. Once you get to the ranch, the camping fee in $10.00 per person and it is fairly primitive. I’ve never camped but I have observed some of camping areas with picnic tables and fire rings. As for fire you best ask Mike. I don’t know what the weather will be like or what the fire danger will be the day you arrive and with that in mind I would check with the Forest Service or the weather report before you arrive. Today the High Desert is quite windy and cold.

I have free hiked from the Ranch to the springs several times without any problems. Some people say it might be frowned on by the BLM in the section that passes BLM land; however, most people I know have never had a problem. The whole area around the springs and the hot springs itself is clothing optional. I always soak nude. Don’t quite understand why you wouldn’t. The thought of wet clothing wrapped around my body is not appealing to me. While visiting the springs I’ve gone nude all day; laid in the sun, had a picnic with friends and hiked up canyon – all while nude. There is a nice beach area just north of the springs and some of us frequent flyers refer to this area as the nude beach.

The Creek won’t be dry, in fact it will be quite wet with water up to your knees and the temperature will probably be in the low 50s or upper 40s. I crossed one year and I swear the temp had to be in the 30s. Not a whole lot of activities per say but I’ll leave that to your own creativity. Soaking, sunning, hiking and a little r-and-r; some people bring fishing gear, musical instruments or other hobby stuff. I once packed down my wife’s paints and easel so she could paint. Most of the people who visit the springs are fairly friendly and typically there is good conversation while soaking in the springs. Seek out us regulars who frequent the springs and can’t go wrong.

Have a good one; wish I could join you but too much on the plate
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hot Springs Trip Tips

jtlguy1958March 02, 2012 12:12PM

Re: Hot Springs Trip Tips

windsailor1084March 02, 2012 04:21PM

Wizard1014March 02, 2012 11:07PM

nekkid19641080March 04, 2012 12:03PM

Paul P.1000March 04, 2012 01:49PM

windsailor1085March 05, 2012 05:43PM

Wizard856March 05, 2012 11:12PM

Wizard841March 05, 2012 11:21PM

jtlguy1424March 05, 2012 11:50PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login