All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 09, 2012 10:07PM
Can't say about the fee, as I almost always camp and pay the $10 in the first place.

Mike is the long-haired guy, around 50-ish(?), that lives at the ranch. Not sure if he's owner, manager, caretaker, or what...heard all versions. He's always been nice to me, but there are several who have had problems with him. I don't really know him, other than from occasional visits to the ranch, so I'll stay out of that debate.

As for leaving the springs after sunset, I would recommend caution. I've seen rangers walk right through a large group of nude soakers/hikers without a word about nudity, while giving stern instructions to be leaving the creek area when the sun reached the top of the ridge on the west side. If they wanted to ticket you, it would be hard to defend against it, since you pass a steel sign that says "Day Use Only" if you hike from Bowen Ranch. A lot of folks ignore the rule...use your own judgement.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Leaving springs after sunset okay?

infraredz1728March 01, 2012 06:28PM

Re: Leaving springs after sunset okay?

jobe946March 01, 2012 07:00PM

Paul P.903March 02, 2012 10:46AM

Rivernude1430March 09, 2012 10:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login